Many people are not aware that it is the property owners' responsibility rather than the county’s or townships’ responsibility to maintain storm ditches or pipes on their property. Here are some things you can do to prevent drainage problem.
The winter season may bring some slippery roads and our Service Department works hard to keep the roads clear, however if you encounter slippery roads please do the following:
• Decrease your speed and leave plenty of room to stop.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding
• Watch out for black ice which is a condition where a thin layer of water can freeze on the roadway. The layer is so thin that it appears that the road is only wet and very dangerous
• Use lower gears to keep traction especially on hills
• Be especially careful on bridges, overpasses and infrequently traveled roads, which will likely freeze first.
• Don’t pass snow plows or salting trucks, you are likely to find the road in front of the truck worse than the road behind the truck.
• Never assume your vehicle can handle all road conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads
• Make sure your car has plenty of fuel and remember to take your mobile phone along
If you see a road that is not being cleared of snow or ice please contact our Service Department at 513-732-1363.
Have you been wondering about all the orange barrels, detours and road construction work that is going on in the Eastgate area? This website will be helpful in getting information out to you as a commuter.
It's www.goclermont.org and it explains, in pretty good detail, what is being done, the theory behind the changes, and how your commute will change once the projects are complete.
From Left to Right Jennifer Haley, Bill Dowdney, James E. Sauls, Jr. and Randy Perry