Many people are not aware that it is the property owners' responsibility rather than the county’s or townships’ responsibility to maintain storm ditches or pipes on their property. Here are some things you can do to prevent drainage problem.
The winter season may bring some slippery roads and our Service Department works hard to keep the roads clear, however if you encounter slippery roads please do the following:
• Decrease your speed and leave plenty of room to stop.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding
• Watch out for black ice which is a condition where a thin layer of water can freeze on the roadway. The layer is so thin that it appears that the road is only wet and very dangerous
• Use lower gears to keep traction especially on hills
• Be especially careful on bridges, overpasses and infrequently traveled roads, which will likely freeze first.
• Don’t pass snow plows or salting trucks, you are likely to find the road in front of the truck worse than the road behind the truck.
• Never assume your vehicle can handle all road conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads
• Make sure your car has plenty of fuel and remember to take your mobile phone along
If you see a road that is not being cleared of snow or ice please contact our Service Department at 513-732-1363.
The cold winter days are nearly behind us and the forsythias will soon be in bloom. Perhaps you’re thinking about starting an outdoor spring project. Maybe a deck, a storage building, a fence or a swimming pool is something you’ve been considering. Many people are unaware that projects such as these require your acquisition of a zoning permit from Batavia Township and depending upon the scope of the project, possibly a building permit from Clermont County. Prior to your start of construction, the necessary permits must be obtained. It is wise to contact both the Zoning Department and the County Building Department while your project is still in the planning stage as certain setback requirements, size restrictions and building code regulations could result in significant revisions to your initial plans. To review the Township’s Zoning Resolution and the various requirements that apply to your particular project, merely click on the Planning and Zoning section of this web site and follow the highlighted link. You are also most welcome to stop by our office for a complete explanation of what will be required of you in order to obtain your permit. You can also speak with us by phone at 513-732-3888 or contact us through email at email@example.com. We will be very happy to assist you by whatever method is most convenient for you. For information regarding the County’s requirements for construction projects, you can visit their web site at permit.clermontcountyohio.gov or call 513-732-7213.
Denise and Dave
From Left to Right Jennifer Haley, Bill Dowdney, James E. Sauls, Jr. and Randy Perry